Wednesday, April 23, 2014

C2E2 and disappointments

So remember all those costumes I worked on and wanted to get done by C2E2 (this weekend btw)? Well, that didn't really work out. By the time I got to Navi's wings, I felt to defeated to finish them and create a whole link costume in three weeks while being in grad school and planning a wedding that I put it aside for awhile. I will still be working on them in the future, but for now, I will relax and enjoy C2E2.

On that note, I will hopefully be at C2E2 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I plan on blogging about the panels I attend and the super awesome things I see as well as posting many pictures. If all goes as planned, I will be able to attend the pro hour on Friday morning and be at panels most of the day. The thing I am most looking forward to is the Crown Championships of Cosplay on Saturday night. There are panels before that that I will hopefully be attending so I am going to need to hurry my butt over there in order to get a good seat.

Speaking of Crown Championships of Cosplay, I have read some really negative comments about it through C2E2's facebook page. The judges for the competition are Austin Scarlet from Project Runway, Ashley Eckstein from Clone Wars and HerUniverse, Nan Cibula-Jenkins who is an award winning costume designer and Yaya Han. I am super excited about all these judges and feel like the quality of the costume will be really emphasized. The out lash about this competition is over the inclusion of Yaya Han. I knew of Yaya Han before Heroes of Cosplay, but the show obviously boosted her fame. Many people say that the show was too focused on her and her business. I don't agree. I think as someone who appreciates cosplay, that Yaya Han is an inspiration. She took something she loves that is normally a hobby and found a way to make it into a living. Also, and this may be because I think they are amazing, Yaya Han's screen time didn't stick out to me in any way compared with Jessica and Holly's screen time. C2E2 has said that Heroes of Cosplay has no involvement with this competition, so maybe the Yaya Han hate can take a back seat while everyone enjoys the amazing cosplay on stage. At least we can hope, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment